Charging site users a fee to let them promote their ads
If you are running either of The FOJ classifieds ads or The FOJ Jobs plugin, then you may want your site users to promote their ads at a fee.
If you may want your site users to pay a fee in order to promote their ads, you may follow the steps below:
- Log into the admin side of the site.
- Go to "Promotions".
- Click on "All Promotion Packages".
- A page may open where you may see the list of the promotion packages.
- Under the promotion package for which you want to charge a fee, click on "Edit".
- A page may open where you may see a form.
- Go to the portion of the form titled, "Price Options: in case this item is priced".
- Currency: at the field labelled, "Currency", select the currency in which you want to sell the promotion package.
- Price: at the field labelled, "Price", enter the price you are charging for the promotion package.
- Price Per Period: at the field labelled, "Price Per Period", select the duration, whether, minute, hour, day, week, month or year.
- Illustration: if for example, at the field labelled "Currency" you select, "Gh: Ghana Cedi ()", and at the field labelled "Price", you enter 20, and at the field labelled "Price Per Period", you choose "Week", then it means the price of the promotion will be GHS20 per Week, meaning a site user may be charged GHS20 to promote his or her ad and the promotion for the ad will last for one week.
- Click on "Update Promotion Package" to save the changes.